The Black Room - Part One

by - April 29, 2017

The Black Room, Part One: 
In The Black Room (In The Black Room #1) 
Luke Smitherd

Firstly, I was tempted to give 4 rather than 5 stars because this part was pretty short. If I was paying for it (and the subsequent other 3 parts at £1.99 each) I would be a little disappointed. However, this part was free when I downloaded it and today it's free as well. I think as a free taster, the length is perfect for letting the reader get a taste of the writing style and plot without giving too much away. I enjoyed the premise and look forward to finding out where the plot goes, so I will be buying the rest of the parts. Usually I would be quite reluctant to buy several parts, but as this has now been completed the complete novel can be bought for under £3 which seems like a fantastic price given the quality and imagination that's gone into this. I also really appreciated the afterword explaining the why the author decided to spilt the novel up, it gave me a lot more insight into his reasoning. I will leave a proper review on the complete story, but for now I suggest anyone interested but not entirely convinced by the more detailed reviews available gives this part a try when it's free. 

I was so engrossed by this book that the only note I made was that I didn't like the name of chapter two because it was so long!


Final Rating: 5/5

You May Also Like

0 comments